The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to uninstall Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What's the best way to remove the OmniFocus app from my system? It looks like there are files all over the place when I install the builds, and if I want to remove it, I want to be sure I get everything.

Thanks.

You'll want to remove

* OmniFocus.app (wherever you put it)
* ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist
* ~/Library/Application\ Support/OmniFocus/
* ~Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus/
* Your OmniFocus backups (wherever you put them)

I believe that's it.

When I have watched the installation process, it looked like a lot more was being put onto my system. Like, .rb files and such. I'd like to be able to clean everything up, if possible.

Thanks.

Yep, you are right. OF installs a bunch of Ruby on Rails stuff to handle the web interface.

Fortunately, OF packages those files inside the application, so deleting the application deletes those files. You can find them inside the OmniFocus application: control-click/right-click on the OF app, select Show Package Contents, then navigate to (e.g.) Resources > rails > app > controller, you'll see a few .rb files.

OF does not appear to copy those files anywhere.

I think all that stuff is piled into the OmniFocus.app bundle.

Great, thanks for the clarification.