The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restore from iDisc sync? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have the iPhone version and MobileMe but do not currently have the desktop client (although I may purchase in the future).

My question is does the iDisc sync have any kind of purpose without the desktop client? If I inadvertently delete my database or a task from my iPhone it gone forever or can I restore from my iDisc?

The only real benefit of an iDisk sync would be if your iPhone was lost or stolen and you got a new one, you could pull your data back down from the server. However, you may get the same restore ability just with the backups of your phone that iTunes makes.

So there is no way to restore from iDisc if I'm out and about and accidently delete a record?

If you happen to realize in the minute or two before a sync occurs that you've deleted something you shouldn't have, you can go into Settings and choose Reset Database. Then sync and choose "Server" when it asks which database to use. You'll regain whatever you didn't mean to delete (if it existed before your last sync), but also lose any other changes you've made since the last sync.

---
In some cases, there's a chance that with a bit of work our Support Ninjas could rescue some of your data after an accidental delete. In this scenario you would want to turn off syncing immediately and then download the file from your iDisk and email it to us. We can poke around in the transactions and maybe find your errant data in some cases. But that's a long shot and kinda time consuming, so please don't ask unless it's really important.

Thanks for the info :-)

So basically what Liz is saying is that, yes, you can restore any data you have synced to your iDisk back to your phone. :)