The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone syncing issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was using the 1.1 alphas and the iPhone OF with no problems. The last few days, I've noticed that when I return to OF on my iMac after a day of just using the iPhone app, some (but not all) tasks that I marked "complete" will not show as completed on the iMac. I'm also getting some duplicates in the syncing process. Anybody else experiencing these issues?

This may be totally off-base, but maybe these are repeating actions? Completing a repeating action on both devices will create duplicates when they sync. Each device makes the next iteration of the task, and each gets the one from the other device.

Other than that, maybe the synchronization from the phone didn't complete? If the phone goes to sleep, I think that prevents us from syncing.

Yes, they are repeating actions (as far as the duplicates are concerned). To my knowledge, I've only been completing them on one or the other device before syncing. Will it happen for all repeating tasks regardless?

It's possible that I've run into the sync issue with the iPhone going to sleep. I'll try to be more diligent in watching for that. I've only had a few instances of completing an action on the iPhone and it not showing up on the desktop - and those have not been repeating actions.

I am also seeing repeating actions that are checked off as completed at home showing up as not checked after a sync at work.

And, when I check off that incorrect not checked action (that was already checked off at home) it generates its repeat for the next day - so that there are now duplicate actions for the next day.

The sync is through iDisk. There's an iPhone in the mix too, but no changes were made on it. There were no problems with the sync to the iPhone (which occurred before the sync at the office).