The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What happened to automatic archival? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been off of the board for a while. Is automatic archival of old completed tasks and projects no longer on the roadmap for version 1? My project list is already getting very cluttered with old projects, and singleton projects are very cluttered with completed tasks (especially repeating ones), making the "All" view modes increasingly more cumbersome to use. It would be nice if completed things just automatically disappeared into an "Archive" view mode after a user ordained set of time (say 6 months or whatever). I'm stuck because I don't like to delete old projects (sometimes solutions in them come up in another way a year later), but at the same time I really don't need them around in every day use.

You can change that "all" to "active". Completed projects are in "completed".

Yes, I am aware of that, and "Active" is the view mode that I use for the project list while working. But I do use "All" as well, especially during reviews, because I'd rather just be able to see holding, inactive, and dropped projects all at once, rather than having to switch view modes all of the time.

The bigger problem is in when reviewing projects that have a lot of frequently recurring tasks. There are some areas that need things to be done on a daily basis, and after having used this program for months, you can imagine how massive the "All Tasks" view mode is! I really don't need to see hundreds of completed mundane tasks during project review (but like to have "All" turned on during review to make sure there are no missing gaps in workflow).

i believe others on the forum have likewise asked for either a redefinition of what "all" means or an introduction of a filter which means "all non-completed projects".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
i believe others on the forum have likewise asked for either a redefinition of what "all" means or an introduction of a filter which means "all non-completed projects".
A good idea. How about calling it "Remaining," just like remaining actions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
+1........