The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How Do You Deal w/ Stuff, When Things Are Blowing Up In Your Face? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
A cautionary note about the "break it all down into little pieces" approach: for some of us, it's easy to get caught up in making a list of all of those little pieces, organizing it, and spending so much time deciding on the right approach that very little actual work ever gets done! Probably you already know if this is an issue for you... Sometimes it's better to just figure out what a few of the little pieces are and get started, rather than attempting to decompose the whole project.
I wholeheartedly agree. It's the whole Einstein quote, make things as simple as possible but not any simpler.

Currently I've got in OF focusing on Chapter 7 of my Math textbook, focusing on 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, & 7.5.

Each 7.X has read and an assignment...so i'll read a bit, then tackle a bit. I won't create too many actions, in the end the only thing that matter is what got done and not what or how many actions were created....though obviously still important.