The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Option for blank tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can we get an option to have the first tab in a window automatically show the start page, with subsequent tabs opening up blank? It's more than a little irritating opening a new tab, hitting Command-L to hit the address bar, start typing, and have what I've typed replaced with the address of the start page.

I agree with this one, I hate opening new tabs and waiting for my home page to load before being able to do anything. New tabs starting with blank as an option would be great.

yeah, this is the main reason I just set my start page to blank.

But if you set the start page to blank, you have no "home" page per se. I'd rather have a separate "start page" and a "home" page.

For example, I set google as my home (in OW, "start") page. But I'd rather have new windows open blank -- while still having a "home" button to easily get Google. This is how I set up Safari, Fx, Camino and Opera.

I concur. I would probably use a "home page" if it didn't load each time I opened new page.

I auto-save my workspaces and always keep at least a couple tabs open between sessions (and I keep OmniWeb open all the time otherwise), so I only see my start page when I create a new tab.

The way that would work for me would be to have a start page defined but to only go to it when I use the Shift+Command+Left shortcut. That way I could be at peace with blank new tabs.

Well, that's not too necessary after all, because all I need to do is bookmark my preferred start page and put it on the Favorites Bar, perhaps with no name. Then, I can simply use a Command+number shortcut to show it if I want. I wonder if this was the developers' thinking.

Save your workspace with your desired home page loaded and set your Start page: preference to blank in the OmniWeb General preferences. Result - loading the workspace (or starting the browser) will open at your preferred home page, and all new tabs will be blank.