The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MORE files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to open MORE files on a MacBookPro. I used to be able to open them on my PowerBook w/ OO. Any suggestions?

If MORE files aren't importing on your MBP, then it's probably because you're using an old version of OO. The latest version has support for importing MORE files on Intel Macs.

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...iner/download/

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
If MORE files aren't importing on your MBP, then it's probably because you're using an old version of OO. The latest version has support for importing MORE files on Intel Macs.

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...iner/download/

Let me know if you're still having trouble.
I've had a MacBook Pro for several months and I think I've been able to open MORE docs until last night. When I select a document and click open I get a dialog that says the document can't be opened.

I've tried several different documents with the same result. The files open with OmniOutliner 2 and TAO so the problem isn't with the documents.

I sent a e-mail to Omni. If appropriate I'll post an update.

Thanks

Bob

P.S. Found the problem. It was the latest Markdown.ooxsl in the plugins folder. Removing it fixed the problem. Apparently the plugin gets involved when trying to import a file that doesn't have a file extension.

Last edited by rtebiz; 2007-10-09 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Update

I also had this problem, and rtebiz, you are right on the mark. The conflict was with a Markdown plug-in. I removed the plug-in from the Plug-Ins folder in my Application Support/Omnioutliner file, then quit and restarted Omnioutliner, and I was back in business with opening old MORE files. I have hundreds of MORE files, so this was a big deal. Thanks for the heads up!

If you have a MacBook Pro with OS9, you can load MORE and use the program there. You will be able to open any MORE files.