The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dashboard widget: Where to Focus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just posted my first Dashboard widget for OmniFocus. It's free from my software downloads page. Here's the promo. blurb from the page:

Quote:
You use OmniFocus to pick your next action in your current context. But how do you decide what context to put yourself in? Introducing a new Dashboard widget that displays a bar chart of the number of available actions in each of your OmniFocus contexts. Click a bar to display the available actions in OmniFocus.
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhereToFocus.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	638

Hopefully folks will find it useful. Share and enjoy.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2008-08-06 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Fixed URL

I like it!

The link in the post is 404 error for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsavvyguru View Post
The link in the post is 404 error for me.
Fixed. Thanks!

Curt

Curt,

Is this a Leopard-only widget? Doesn't seem to work for me on Tiger.

I've only tested on Leopard.

I'm guessing that the widget will have trouble on Tiger. I'm using Unicode in the communication between the widget and the scripts that interact with OmniFocus. Unicode support in AppleScript was a bit dodgey in Tiger. Sorry about that.

Curt

Not a problem, I just didn't want to waste any time trying to figure out why it didn't work if it was functioning as designed :-)

Cool widget Curt. I love the visual display. very smooth animation.
Thank you.

That is a nice widget, Curt. My only issue is that I have a lot of contexts (probably too many, but that's a problem I'm still working on).

It'd be nice if the widget would allow me to resize its window and scroll the overflow contents with a scroll bar. What do you think?

-Dennis