The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Network Scheduled Downtime - Sat Mar. 26th, 10pm PDT Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello World!

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Aaron Bendickson and I'm Omni's Friendly Neighborhood Systems Administrator. Most of the time you never hear from me, which is probably an indication that I'm doing my job well. However, I wanted to let y'all know about some upcoming scheduled network downtime. This Saturday night, March 26th, starting at around 10pm PDT I'll be performing a migration on all of our production servers. Typically in sys-admin parlance the term "migration" means copying a bunch of files from one place to another and changing some configs but in this case it means *actually physically moving* all of our servers!

I'm hoping to have things back up and running within a couple hours. If you do happen to surf on over to our little corner of the web during the maintenance window you'll be greeted by a friendly little "We'll be right back" page. Consider this a perfect opportunity to chill out and spend a little time catching up on your Netflix Instant queue (something I know I'm always WAAAAY behind on).

Anyway, back to the dungeon... er, I mean data center. If you have any questions just drop us a line at support@omnigroup.com.

Thanks!