The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

getting rid of check boxes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I was wondering how I could modify the default template so that check boxes don't show up as default in new OO files.

Many thanks!

Open OmniOutliner. Open the OmniOutliner Preferences. Click on the General tab, if not already selected. Click the Edit New Document Template button. In the resulting template window, click on the Utilities button to open the drawer, then select Whole Document at the bottom left. Bring up the Document inspector (command-4), click on the Display tab (looks like a display with a checkbox in it), uncheck "Show status checkboxes". File->Save and you should be all done.

I generated these instructions from OmniOutliner Pro — if you've got OmniOutliner and one or more of the details is different, hopefully you can connect the dots.

Excellent, that worked - thanks so much!!

Re: whpalmer4's directions - I had to double check the date to be this wasn't April 1. I get shorter directions on my map program for going from NY to Nebraska!

Skitch used to work fairly well for graphic translations of these longish sequences, but it seems to have shed control over the width of arrows …

OO → Preferences → Edit New Document Template

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ArrowWords.png
Views:	1784
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	2750  

I find it quicker to just go to the View Menu and toggle the option Hide/Show Status CheckBoxes.

You can also resize the arrows in Skitch via the Tools Menu - Tools Size
or the keyboard shortcut OPTION CMD 1 to OPTION CMD 5 (smallest to largest)

Last edited by Cypher; 2013-04-03 at 11:18 AM..

:-) Interesting … not, as far as I can see, in my version of Skitch 2.

Do some features only activate after an Evernote sign-in ?
(Glui seems to be one alternative).

On OO3, yes – not too hard to toggle checkboxes, but they're not something I use myself, so, as it happens, I do the share the preference for disabling them in the default template.