The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reproducible crash in 5.5b2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am getting a reproducible crash in 5.5b2 when visiting this page and then clicking on the fourth link, ZigBee Wireless Mesh Networking for Monitoring & Control.

Crash report was sent in; ID is 97250.

Works here without problems. ?-)

workin' okay here... if you set aside your preferences can you still repro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaro
I am getting a reproducible crash in 5.5b2 when visiting this page and then clicking on the fourth link, ZigBee Wireless Mesh Networking for Monitoring & Control.
Does it make any difference if you open your download window and select clear all before downloading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Does it make any difference if you open your download window and select clear all before downloading?
No. But it does make a difference if I right-click and choose Download Link (instead of clicking on the link to open it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
workin' okay here... if you set aside your preferences can you still repro?
Yes, because that prevents the file from being opened automatically. If I use a fresh set of prefs and then simply add Pages (which is configured to open .doc files) to the Safe Applications List, then I get the crash again when downloading the file.

So, if you have Apple Pages installed (I'm using the iWork '06 version), and you have .doc files configured to be opened with Pages, then you should be able to reproduce the bug.

there's my problem then, no pages! does it crash if you click it in safari, as well then? (or rather could it be a pages issue?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
there's my problem then, no pages! does it crash if you click it in safari, as well then? (or rather could it be a pages issue?)
It doesn't crash Safari, but Safari doesn't automatically open the file, either. However, if I then double-click the file in Safari's download list, Safari hangs and I have to Force Quit it.