The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clip-o-Tron with or without attachements Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would really love to have the option to run the clip-o-tron either with or without attachements, via different keyboard shortcuts.

(read as: via 2 different services?)

How can I make that happen?

Many times i need to include the attachment, because it is integral to the task. But other times I don't want to add all the crap in the email and bloat my OF database. Any suggestions?

I get behavior that seems close to what you want by simply choosing what I select before clipping. If I have the line in the list of messages selected, I get the whole enchilada. If I instead click in the message and do command-A, then clip, I get the same action name, I get the From: line including the Original Message link, and I get the text but not attachments. To clarify, I'm talking about text mail with attachments, not html mail, which doesn't respond as well to this approach.

I believe we have a feature request open on something like this; if I can't find one, I'll file it as a new one. Thanks!

One side note about Bill's suggestion - IIRC, the Clip-o-tron won't include attachments at all under Lion, but that's due to a change in Mail's AppleScript support. See this thread for more info.