The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New Inspector - love/hate Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
95983 has a first pass of this. There are still other bugs with the inspectors, but this would minimize the number of times you need to manually pick an inspector.

I also hate the new inspectors.
If it is context sensitive it would be better but I don't want to have to click to see info
I should be able to cascade them to have all the relevant ones open. An option, compact or full view...

Welcome to beta testing folks. You need to wait for features to be fully implemented before passing judgment. If you aren't willing to deal with quirks like partially implemented inspectors, then you need to wait for the release version in early '08.

Curt

Since I started this thread, I'd like to respond to Curt's objections. The release notes of Nov. 11 did not address dynamic switching, which was my objection. It had only indicated there were "rough edges (icons, selection on startup) that we are still addressing."

In another thread, Omni had said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I'm not sure if inspectors will always automatically switch based on the selection ...
I believe beta testing is the appropriate time to indicate disappointment with the way a new feature is implemented.

Perhaps I was remiss not to have continued the dynamic filters thread that iNik started. I did not intentionally mean to split the discussion; I was simply in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Welcome to beta testing folks. You need to wait for features to be fully implemented before passing judgment. If you aren't willing to deal with quirks like partially implemented inspectors, then you need to wait for the release version in early '08.
Sorry, but the point of beta testing is precisely to make our feelings on a feature known with enough time for Omni to reconsider the decision. If not now, when?

I just started working with the new dynamic inspectors. We'll see how it goes. Definitely an improvement from the way it was, though I would still like the ability to show all of them by shift-clicking as in OmniGraffle 4.

It should be also mentioned that I do quite like the new arrangements of content in the panes themselves.

Last edited by AmberV; 2007-12-13 at 12:04 PM..

I'm sorry, I didn't express my thoughts completely and ended up sounding like a jerk. That wasn't my intent.

Having lived with OF since May, I know that features are introduced in a rough state, then polished (quickly). I think it's important to reserve judgment until they Omnicians have applied their magic. So, yes, giving feedback on what you like and don't like is vitally important, and Omni will respond. But "loving" or "hating" a feature based on its initial incarnation seems an overly strong choice of language.

Curt