The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Leopard Status Bar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any chance the status bar can be changed to match Leopard's UI? It just looks odd that the status bar is still white when the tool bar uses the default UI. Firefox 3 and Camino have already made this change. Please!

Don't concur. Just because Firefox and Camino apparently do it -- I do have them but I only use them as really last resort -- I don't see why Omni should play "me too". And the fact that it is a light grey makes what is shown there very easy to read, which is surely part of the purpose ...

What's wrong with being different?

Mark

Safari's status bar, for example, is very legible and it uses the standard UI. It would just make OmniWeb look better IMHO. As it stands, OmniWeb has a slight mish-mash of all OS X interfaces from Leopard all the way back to about Jaguar. Nothing wrong with playing nice with the OS it's running on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGaucho View Post
Safari's status bar, for example, is very legible and it uses the standard UI.
I disagree. Safari uses the "standard UI", but standard is not automatically a good idea just because someone declared it as standard. Most UI Elements in Safari (esp. Tabs and Bookmark Bar) are nearly illegible. The contrast between text and background makes me scream out loud and everytime I have to use Safari I wonder why there are no riots including elderly people burning down apple stores over of this UI horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlaefer View Post
I disagree. Safari uses the "standard UI", but standard is not automatically a good idea just because someone declared it as standard. Most UI Elements in Safari (esp. Tabs and Bookmark Bar) are nearly illegible. The contrast between text and background makes me scream out loud and everytime I have to use Safari I wonder why there are no riots including elderly people burning down apple stores over of this UI horror.
While I wouldn't go quite that far, I have to say that I like the OW interface very much, for precisely the reason that it is out of my way ... I know where things are and I don't have to think about them. I am always amazed at how het up some people get about little things, like the new user of Scrivener who immediately posted a new icon for the dock because he couldn't bear using it with the icon that most people love ... what he produced was totally hackneyed in comparison.

But I have to say, I only have the location bar and the status bar visible in OW.

Mark