The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP17 - still huge problems with FogBUGZ Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, guys. Unfortunately, SP17 is still having big problems with FogBUGZ and "snippet expansion" (which is just basically some Javascript that replaces text at the cursor position in a multi-line edit field with other text -- it's abbreviation expansion for boilerplate).

You can see this yourself by signing up for a free trial of FogBUGZ at http://www.fogcreek.com. Or, if someone will contact me, I'll be more than happy to create them an account on my FogBUGZ system so that you can see this for yourself. Or, if you'd like, I'll send you a webarchive, or a movie, or whatever to show the effect.

What happens is that if the expansion is done anywhere but at the very start of the edit field, the field goes blank or gets corrupted. The mouse won't click in the field, and sometimes you have to quit OW. If you type, your text will often appear backwards.

If you hit the "+" to expand the field into the edit window, your expansion will be there -- but you might not be able to close the window, because something has gone horribly w0rng.

Please: I'd really like to be able to use OW again...

Did you check it with WebKit?

It works fine with Safari, if that's what you mean. And it worked fine with OmniWeb 5.5 until the special (nice) expando-multi-line-text-field thing was re-integrated, too.

No, I mean WebKit - the app we're supposed to test bugs against to see if it's an OW problem or a WebKit problem.

But it sounds like it is an OW problem related to the "zoomed text editor."

Hi Dave :)

In the release notes, you'll find a link to the current version of WebKit actually being used in OW 5.5. Safari might be several builds ahead of that version of WebKit.
Checking in the same webkit build makes it easier to figure out whether the bug is in OW itself or not (in which case the bug has to be written against WebKit I guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
Safari might be several builds ahead of that version of WebKit.
I believe you mean Safari might be several builds behind that version of WebKit (which it is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I believe you mean Safari might be several builds behind that version of WebKit (which it is.)

Is it?? The version of WebKit used in OW sure isn't the latest one. I thought Safari was using a later version than OW. In all case, its a different version :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
Is it?? The version of WebKit used in OW sure isn't the latest one. I thought Safari was using a later version than OW. In all case, its a different version :D
The OW isn't the latest, but it does have some parts of some of the newer ones. Safari's webkit hasn't been updated in a while.

This doesn't have anything to do with the version of Safari. Again, it worked fine until the Omni-specific text view was integrated -- and does work in Web kitm.