The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to change column widths permanently? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to configure OmniFocus on Mac to preserver column and window widths while switching back and forth between Inbox, Projects and Contexts?

To give a specific example:
1. In the Context View, I click "view" to have column headers. I reduce the width of the Project Column from about 30 characters to 15 characters. This also reduces the window size.
2. I switch to Inbox.
3. I switch back to Context. The project column is back to its original 35 character width and the window size is back to its original width.

Resizing the sidebar also is not remembered but it resets when switching back and forth. Resizing columns in the Inbox or Projects view is also not preserved.

What is the point of being able to resize columns if this information is lost every time you switch the View. I feel like I am missing something here. Build information below.

Guido

----

Build details:

Product: OmniFocus-1.7.x
Tag: OmniFocus/1.7.4/GM-v77.41.4
Date: 2009-09-29 16:52:23 -0700
Builder: kc
Host: tb106i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 119860

Update: To clarify, I tried this with setting the "Restore Layout" option in perspectives checked and unchecked. Behavior is slightly different but column widths reset in either case.

Last edited by appenz; 2009-10-09 at 09:06 AM..

Perspectives which aren't configured to restore their layout should use the current column widths configured for their mode (Project or Context). The Inbox and Projects perspectives use the Project (hierarchical) mode; the Contexts, Due, and Flagged perspectives use the Context (flat) mode.

If you set up a perspective with the widths you want, then take a snapshot (by selecting "Take Snapshot of X" from the Perspectives menu) and turn on the Restore Layout option, that perspective should always use those widths when you switch to it.

Hope this helps!