The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request - Add perspectives in Sidebar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would welcome the possibility to add a number of my perspectives to the sidebar. I work 90 % inside perspectives so this would help me a lot!

Go to the Perspectives view. See those little stars? Tapping on one makes that perspective appear in your sidebar. You can then choose Edit Sidebar from the gear menu when viewing the sidebar to rearrange the order, if desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Go to the Perspectives view. See those little stars? Tapping on one makes that perspective appear in your sidebar. You can then choose Edit Sidebar from the gear menu when viewing the sidebar to rearrange the order, if desired.
Argh. Debating whether I should wait one week and please my banker or just bite the bullet now... So perspectives are on board OF iPad? Including Project-based ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Argh. Debating whether I should wait one week and please my banker or just bite the bullet now... So perspectives are on board OF iPad? Including Project-based ones?
Only context-based ones, same as the iPhone.

Quote:
Only context-based ones, same as the iPhone.
Thanks whpalmer... For making my decision all the more difficult! ;)

Quote:
YES! You made my day!

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't even see the Perspective view option on my iPad. Is there an option to turn that view on?

The Perspectives sidebar item is shown if you have custom context perspectives in OmniFocus for the Mac and are syncing the data between the two products. If you are not using OmniFocus for the Mac you won't see this item because you can't currently create perspectives in either the iPad or iPhone applications. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf View Post
...If you are not using OmniFocus for the Mac you won't see this item because you can't currently create perspectives in either the iPad or iPhone applications. Hope this helps!
(I have OmniFocus for Mac.) Given how the perspectives are created in Mac, I can see how it might be challenging to efficiently facilitate the ability to do so in either the iPad or the iPhone. That said, it would be nice to be able to do it, even if it entailed adding one context or project to the perspective at a time (after creating a new perspective).

Are there any plans, airwolf, to add the ability to create perspectives in iPad and/or iPhone? Also, are there any plans to include projects, in addition to contexts, in perspectives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTD View Post
(I have OmniFocus for Mac.) Given how the perspectives are created in Mac, I can see how it might be challenging to efficiently facilitate the ability to do so in either the iPad or the iPhone. That said, it would be nice to be able to do it, even if it entailed adding one context or project to the perspective at a time (after creating a new perspective).

Are there any plans, airwolf, to add the ability to create perspectives in iPad and/or iPhone? Also, are there any plans to include projects, in addition to contexts, in perspectives?
These things all will happen sooner if people who want/need them send in their votes with Contact Omni or email to OmniFocus-iPad@omnigroup.com. Ken has talked about his ideas for how one might display a project mode perspective, and adding the ability to build perspectives on the iPhone/iPad is a pretty obvious enhancement, though building the right UI will take some thought.