The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Display problems within projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to set up my projects, and the program will only display one or two of the tasks I've entered.

So, I've created a Project called Paperwork, and entered a few tasks into it. Paperwork is set up as a parallel project, but the secondary projects that are underneath it are set up to be sequential. This is what I should see when I view the project:

Paperwork
. Routine
... Pay any outstanding bills
... File paperwork
. Ward bulletin
... Create ward bulletin
... Get ward bulletin copied
... Fold ward bulletins

Instead, all I see, no matter how many items I add to the project, or where within the project I put them is:

Paperwork
. Routine

The items display as they should when I switch to Context view, but in Project view, I can't see what I've done in order to know what more I need to add. It's really hard to add to the system when you can't see what you've already done, especially if you can't sit down and do it all at once without missing anything.

They also correctly display the number of next items and the number of overdue items in the project headers.

Yesterday when I was creating other projects, they seemed to display fine, so I thought the problem was related to my using an & in the name of the project (it was Budget & Paperwork), and so I deleted the project repeatedly and recreted it and finally named it something different, but today when I switch to the other projects, I get the same view of only item.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Tap on the eyeball icon and then on Remaining. That will show you all of the remaining actions instead of just the next available one.

Thanks again, whpalmer! I hadn't intentionally changed that, so I didn't realize it had been changed, and never having seen it before, I had no idea I was looking at a different view.