The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to drop time and only use days? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I get OmniPlan to stop using the time-of-day in its schedules? I know that I can make it not display the time of day, but it still uses it. For some crazy reason when I re-level things, it will move stuff around that used to start at 8:00AM on a Monday to suddenly start at 10:45AM on a Tuesday, or something crazy like that.

Again, this is tied to another issue I am having with leveling and its interaction with percentage-complete values.

Regardless of why, I do not want a tool that seriously thinks I want a five week project that starts at 2:17PM on any particular day. Nothing I plan has that level of granularity. If I can hide the time from displaying, why can't I stop it from being used in calculations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffmcc
How can I get OmniPlan to stop using the time-of-day in its schedules? I know that I can make it not display the time of day, but it still uses it. For some crazy reason when I re-level things, it will move stuff around that used to start at 8:00AM on a Monday to suddenly start at 10:45AM on a Tuesday, or something crazy like that.

Again, this is tied to another issue I am having with leveling and its interaction with percentage-complete values.

Regardless of why, I do not want a tool that seriously thinks I want a five week project that starts at 2:17PM on any particular day. Nothing I plan has that level of granularity. If I can hide the time from displaying, why can't I stop it from being used in calculations?
We added the ability to hide time to address the majority of users not wanting to see time displayed, but we didn't stop this from being used in calculations (I don't know exactly why, but I think it involves some changes to how OmniPlan does calculations).

There isn't a way to turn this off at the moment, but this is definitely on our to-do list for future versions of OmniPlan. I'll add a vote to this request in our database for you along with your comments.

Please add a vote for me also. This gets particularly annoing when you export to MS project, as we do all of our planning in days here, and the export puts things in hours, which makes MS Project unhappy (and our project manager unhappy too..).

bjordan: please contact us with more details, as I'm not quite sure I understand the problem you're having.

+1 vote for this feature!

-Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffmcc View Post
Newbie question, but a help search, a google and a look at the menus doesn't intuitively tell me know to reformat the gantt to not display times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonw View Post
Newbie question, but a help search, a google and a look at the menus doesn't intuitively tell me know to reformat the gantt to not display times.
replying to my own post -> project inspector/formatting - check box for time of day!