The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
OmniFocus-Mail Links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Curtis,

The script does work with my imap account but only, if the message is in the inbox. If the message is moved to e.g. the archive folder of the imap account, the back link does not work. It doesn't matter if i add the task by mail-act-on or by the script (after manually moving the message to the archive). Everything works perfect, if i'm using a folder under "On My Mac".

You don't use imap so i guess you can't help me. But do you have any tips or hint for debugging?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyor
The script does work with my imap account but only, if the message is in the inbox. If the message is moved to e.g. the archive folder of the imap account, the back link does not work. It doesn't matter if i add the task by mail-act-on or by the script (after manually moving the message to the archive). Everything works perfect, if i'm using a folder under "On My Mac".

You don't use imap so i guess you can't help me. But do you have any tips or hint for debugging?
Obyor (and anyone else with IMAP accounts that wants to help debug this),

Try creating and running the following Applescript:

Code:
tell application "Mail"
	return name of every mailbox of first imap account
end tell
Let me know what values are returned. Private message is fine if you don't want to create noise in the thread.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Curt
 
Great script! Really adds to OF. I installed the latest build and it crashes when I use the Open Linked Mail Message. Mail to OF is good. OF to Mail freezes both apps. Worked yesterday... not with today's build.

Again... I want to say this is a great script and add a lot to both apps.

-bob
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guern
Great script! Really adds to OF. I installed the latest build and it crashes when I use the Open Linked Mail Message. Mail to OF is good. OF to Mail freezes both apps. Worked yesterday... not with today's build.

Again... I want to say this is a great script and add a lot to both apps.

-bob
Bob, I'm not seeing the crash with OF build 88176. I am seeing that the Mail to OF script is hanging before the item shows up in OF's inbox. But if I exit Mail, then the item shows up.

Can anyone verify that behavior?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Curt
 
First of all Curt, thanks for the scripts - they're great! I look forward to the day when this functionality is built into OF, but they're a big help in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Thanks for the inspiration!

I probably should have just sprung for MailTags, and I still might, but it was fun to figure out how to make the scripts work with the stock version of Mail.
I'm not sure what you mean here by using MailTags. iGTD integrates MailTags very effectively to makes mail messages into action items with a hot key, but MailTags on their own won't do anything for OF, will they?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kened
I'm not sure what you mean here by using MailTags. iGTD integrates MailTags very effectively to makes mail messages into action items with a hot key, but MailTags on their own won't do anything for OF, will they?
MailTags adds support to Mac OS for message:// URLs that allow efficient links back to Mail messages from any application. Without that, my scripts go through a bunch of acrobatics to get Mail to open the message in something approaching a reasonable amount of time.

(For the technically inclined, MailTags seems to be using a custom Spotlight importer that adds unique IDs, and other metadata, to the Spotlight database for each mail message. Very cool approach.)
 
Downloaded the new scripts, but I now get this message when I try to open the Mail message (using the script, with the relevant Action highlighted in OmniFocus)

>>AppleScript reported the following error:
Mail got an error: NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferp
Downloaded the new scripts, but I now get this message when I try to open the Mail message (using the script, with the relevant Action highlighted in OmniFocus)

>>AppleScript reported the following error:
Mail got an error: NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4
Jennifer,

Would you be willing to help me debug this?

If so, please select the action in OmniFocus. Then hold down the option key and select the script from the script menu. This should open the script in Script Editor. Click the "play" triangle in script editor. The script should run and the offending line should be highlighted when the error occurs.

If you could let me know what line it is, I would appreciate it. To avoid adding noise to the thread, please just contact me by email (curt <dot> clifton <at> mac <dot> com).

Thanks!

Cheers,

Curt
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guern
Great script! Really adds to OF. I installed the latest build and it crashes when I use the Open Linked Mail Message. Mail to OF is good. OF to Mail freezes both apps. Worked yesterday... not with today's build.

Again... I want to say this is a great script and add a lot to both apps.

-bob
OF r88192 build works all the scripts once again. I know you need more specific feedback and if it freezes the apps again I will try to be more specific the the events that lead up to it.
 
Hi Curtis,

this is the output of your script:
Quote:
{"Action", "Archive", "Fun", "Trash", "INBOX", "Drafts", "Sent Messages", "Deleted Messages", "Junk"}
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Create Links Back to Mail Messages HunterHillegas OmniFocus Extras 2 2011-11-09 01:56 PM
Mail.app Links Breaking chriswitt OmniFocus 1 for Mac 7 2009-02-15 02:29 PM
Some links to email messages in Mail.app doesn't work Tibor OmniFocus 1 for Mac 9 2009-01-22 03:31 PM
Links to Mail Messages - Any Way to Create JUST a Link? adgirard OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2008-04-21 10:47 AM
Unable to click on links in e-mail message Shifting Sands OmniWeb Bug Reports 1 2007-06-14 10:07 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.