The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to sort daily to do lists from "big list" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been beta-ing Omnifocus for months. I'm trying to use it to keep track of all of the projects I have going, with sub-tasks on projects. I end up with a several large hierarchical lists.

My daily to-do priorities, aren't usually based on context or a specific future deadline, but rather based "todays priorities" as assess at the beginning of each day. What I need is to select items from the big list, so that I can create a sub "todays focus list" at the beginning of the day. But I can't figure out how to really do that.

Another problem is that I need a multicolumn view, to see the top level priorities in each project as they bubble up. I find it hard to see the top priorities in Omnifocus with more than one project (each with a hierarchical list). By having everything in one column, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th projects get listed behind the first, even if they are of equal importance - making you dig around to see what needs to be done. I'd like to see my top priorities in one glance. Any way to do that?