The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The problem I'm having is as follows:

I am running OmniFocus/1.0/final-v77.1.2, on a trial license, on a PPC mac with OS X 10.5.1 and the date set correctly.

The dates OmniFocus records under the "Added" and "Changed" fields in the inspector are correct (... 2008), as is the date that appears in the "Completed" field if I tick as task off as completed.

However the dates in the "Start" and "Due" are systematically wrong. If I enter "today", "tomorrow", "wednesday" or "February 13 2008", for example, it will always produce a date in the year 2000. If I click on the calendar thingy in the date field, it will pull up a 2000 calendar. And if I try to change the date manually, it will stubbornly stay put on the year 2000.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a bug, or is it a problem with my settings? Help!

I've never had this problem. Is the date properly set on your Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I've never had this problem. Is the date properly set on your Mac?
Yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrefen View Post
(...) on a PPC mac with OS X 10.5.1 and the date set correctly.
I'm quite perplexed...

Does anyone know what I should do? Reinstall or something?

Okay, I tried reinstalling. Problem is still as specified. Technical support won't answer my emails either :(

I wouldn't give up on the support Ninjas yet (it's only been three business days since your original post). They're probably still working through a support backlog. I saw Omni Group was looking to hire more support people to help out.

Have you set a custom date format? I seem to recall that some alpha testers had problems with dates if they were using a custom format. Just a thought.

Don't count on support Ninjas to see posts on the forum. If you want to be sure they see your plea for help, you should send an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com. In this case, I would recommend including a screenshot of your date preferences in system preferences, so they can make sure to match your settings exactly when trying to find the problem.

He mentioned that he'd already emailed them , but as stated above , he needs to hang in there .. they're behind ; ) I've had replies take up to a week , so I can see why they're hiring more .

Oh, you're right. I somehow missed that even though I did really look for it :S