The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Replace your Database and start syncing? after 1.7.4 update Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of the support ninjas will have to advise you on this. I just quoted the reply I got from them. Hope you figure it out.

I have been having the same problem A LOT. It has happened twice in the past day, and has happened about 10-15 times total since it started after the most recent update. It seems it only happens when I make changes on both my phone and computer without syncing, then try to sync.

It also only happens on the computer side (the phone never asks me to replace with what's on the server).

I have always been amazed by how well OmniFocus keep data integrity, and this has really been bugging me!

I just had the same problem again this morning! Here is the error I got:
Cannot synchronize.

The local database is no longer compatible with the sync database, possibly because the local database history was compacted while syncing was disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohnjanotis View Post
I just had the same problem again this morning! Here is the error I got:
Cannot synchronize.

The local database is no longer compatible with the sync database, possibly because the local database history was compacted while syncing was disabled.
I ditto that I have also had this message come up a few times and so has the other person I know that is using omnifocus for both iphone and mac. Omnifocus please fix this as soon as possible.

Best bet for timely action is to call them up at 1-800-315-OMNI or send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

Same here. I sent a message to the support ninjas. The syncing issues have seriously hampered my use of Omnifocus.

The first thing to do here would be to make sure that both OmniFocus for Mac and OmniFocus for iPhone are fully updated. (So you want 1.7.5 on the Mac, and 1.5.3 on the iPhone.)

There was a problem that could cause that error message in earlier versions of the app, but that issue has been fixed in the versions I mentioned above.

I just got back from a couple of weeks away from the office; just in case there's something more recent that I don't know about, contact the support ninjas if you're fully up to date and are still seeing that message.