The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Has OF For iPad & iPod Made MacBook OF Your Sitting Duck? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So like most of the fine people in this forum im all about productivity and portability.

I was doing a weekly review, noticing all items respectively in my iPad (offline, online) & MacBook (offline, online) contexts and realized that truth be told I could potentially move the actions in the MacBook context to my iPad contexts...it's just that on the MacBook it would be a bit easier to get done..perhaps less time consuming. At least for my current projects.

I would love to use OF on the iPad sickly from my day to day and only revert to the OF on my MacBook for my nightly and weekly reviews but the limitation exists, not OFs fault but of course Apple's. Not complaining , it's just every once in a which I gotta hit up a website that needs to be done on my
MacBook.

Recently I've noticed that the iPad can fulfill most, if not all of my needs and am wondering if the iPad and/or iPod has done the same for you.

For the past month since getting the iPad app, vie been carrying my MacBook pro everywhere, just incase the iPad app doesn't fulfill a need within an active project...however that hasn't really happened. The only dilemma I've come across is lack of wifi with the iPad...

Anywho....

Wondering others opinions, thoughts on the situation at hand.

Hey HappyDude,

I'm in the same boat. I really can't wait for iOS 4's multitasking so that I can get more of the "online" stuff done directly on the iPad... I'm also hoping for an improvement for rapid-fire entry of tasks in OF iPad so that I can move more of my "brain dump" sessions to the iPad as part of weekly reviews, etc. With those two things, there'll be very few things I'll still need my MBPro for...

I don't use the Mac version yet, but OF has been a revelation for me. The iPad version lets me do a weekly review WITHOUT being sat in front of the computer.

I will purchase the Mac version soon (When I've saved up) to allow me to do some of the more intricate tasks more quickly as the iPad can be clunky for setting up projects and folders.