The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Files such as pdf's dont show their names? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ah so I can be called a 'twit' by that childish post and it's not edited, but I use the expression 'take a hike' and that's edited.

Mmm maybe you just don't like the fact that I don't like the rate of fixing Omnifocus. Too much iphone if you ask me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post
Ah so I can be called a 'twit' by that childish post and it's not edited, but I use the expression 'take a hike' and that's edited.
For the record, pinky is referring to a post of mine that I have just deleted. I intended it to be humorous but the humor apparently didn't translate. Wishing to not offend further, I deleted the post.

Curt

Well, and I mean no disrespect to pinky, but I thought it was the funniest thing I had read here in some time now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Well, and I mean no disrespect to pinky, but I thought it was the funniest thing I had read here in some time now!
I think that like Pinky, I would have been ticked off had I been the apparent butt of the joke, but I agree that Curt hit that pitch out of the park! Even money odds he's the first Rose-Hulman CS prof to make a Letterman appearance :-)

Pinky, we browse the forums as we're able, but with the new release of OmniFocus we shipped this week, I spent a lot of time working with folks having software updater trouble. I didn't make it back to this thread until now.

I'm not thrilled when customers call each others names, but I'm still figuring out how to handle it.

I'm going to intervene a lot more quickly when I see someone telling someone else what they can or can not do to participate in the forums. That's why your post was edited.

Brian

I guess my thoughts on this are as follows: I think OF does have problems that I feel should have been fixed by now. It is very frustrating not to be able to use something in a 'workflow' manner, which is how I came to Omnigroup in the first place- the promise of 'flow'.
I feel the initial 1.0 release was not ready for market, I rode the storm thinking all would be well but here I am two years later, very angry and having flame wars on your forum with fellow users.

You know I buy and use a lot of software- I don't think my anger and frustration is without foundation!

Isn't the dispute here over the name of an attachment being added with or next to the attachment? Isn't that something that could be solved relatively easily with an applescript?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Isn't the dispute here over the name of an attachment being added with or next to the attachment?
Exactly. It seems this still isnt possible? Thank you for feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlossmann View Post
Exactly. It seems this still isnt possible?
What makes you say that? From the release notes for OmniFocus 1.7, dated August 2009:

An attachment's name is now displayed underneath its icon.