The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Loading Time on iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
JMR, much of the process is pretty opaque to us. We've confirmed that our submission is still in review.

Thanks for the response Andrew. The iPhone might be an amazing platform to develop for, but Apple can really make it a pain sometimes!

I just installed v 1.1 and rebooted my iPhone it is honkin' fast 456 action items and counting.

Turn iPhone off, then turn it back on.

I just loaded the iPhone version for the first time and it seems blazing fast to me... seemed to be about 3 seconds to load.

New version definitely much faster .. congrats to Omni Group .

I second (or third, whatever) the notes that OF for iPhone 1.1 is BLAZING fast for what really matters: entering that to-do item you just remembered. The ability to clicking into your "Inbox" WHILE A SYNC IS HAPPENING (!!!) is simply BEAUTIFUL. More congrats to Omni.

Only one thing had really been holding me back from using OF on my iPhone to its full potential: if I had to wait a minute and a half to be able to ENTER the thing that just came into my head, a simple pad was a much safer method to rely upon, as the whole point is to capture your new ideas QUICKLY, even if you are doing something else, and even if that thing occurs to you (gasp!) while you're using a different iPhone program ;). However, the ability to jot down the details that are fresh in your mind WHILE the program is taking care of its load/sync, combined with an overall much zippier completion of those tasks by the new version, can get you back to what you were doing previously in less than 30 sec (I just timed it).

BRILLIANT!!!

Excellent!! This is just in time for the "ENd of year rush", when all business units need to spend their budget money or lose it, so they all want their projects you pushed in to 2009 done in Nov or Dec!!

It is embarassing going in to a status meeting with lots of 3x5 cards, verses a perspective list printed out. And just in case I need a different view, I can get it right on my zippy 1.1 synced version of OF on my iphone! Thank you Omni!!

One thing I wish I did have is the ability to pull up an Inbox while in another application. I know this was mentioned and I believe it was an Apple API limitation, but if there is a way to do this by using a "double click" as someone noted, that would be Nirvana for OF on Iphone...

Nice Job!

Wow! I just installed it too. I didn't mind the load times before, but 1.1 is at least 2x faster. Great job, Omni.

-- KK

Just adding my voice to the chorus - this version feels faster, and the Inbox being available before the database has finished loading addresses my major concerns with on-the-spot usability.

Thank you, OmniFocus team :D

I agree 1.1 is a night and day improvement. Great job!