The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP17 AppleScript Problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In v5.1.2, it was reasonably simple to set the address for the currently visible tab. This worked:

set address of browser 1 to "http://www.apple.com"

In SP17, the above no longer works. However, the 'read' version still functions:

get address of browser 1

After looking through the SP17 AS dictionary, I tried the following alternative:

set address of active tab of browser 1 to "http://www.apple.com"

But in SP17, that also does not work. However, the 'read' version again works just fine:

get address of active tab of browser 1

------

So the upshot:

The AS command I was using in v5.1.2 to set the address of the currently active tab no longer works. I can't find any workaround.

I figured you folks would want to know.

There seem to be a number of known problems with applescript in the SPs; see this thread.

The problem with 'address' will hopefully be fixed with the next release.