The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NEED sync Flagged to iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The first feature which lured me to Things was bonjour sync -- now in OF too. The second feature is syncing Today to iCal, which in OF would be syncing Flagged to iCal. I don't care about syncing specific contexts as I often have actions from several context I need to worry about -- they are naturally being Flagged, as you can flag actions from many contexts and see them all at once.

Thus it would be very reasonable to sync Flagged to a calendar in iCal and see them displayed in iCal todo list, in Anxiety, and annoy you in many choiciest ways.

I've emailed this feature request long ago and got a reminder that feature requests are acted upon with respect to the number of people asking for them. Thus I call for any other users with feature requests who understand what I'm talking about and judge that a useful feature, to request it!

Yes, this feature would be very useful for me to. Another variation would be to sync just items in the current view. For example, only tasks in my Do Today perspective would be copied to iCal.

I submitted my feedback/feature request for one (or both) of these.

Eric

Here, on the end of the thread is a temporary solution:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=11207

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilovan View Post
Here, on the end of the thread is a temporary solution:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=11207
Saw the sync flagged to ical AppleScript, and there're multiple problems with scripting solutions. You have to manage select/unselect Flagged<=>iCal -- if you change your mind and unflag a todo, it should disappear from iCal, too; you may edit it; etc. Now this is where Things shines in maintaining Today identical to the iCal calendar you sync it into. This management should be done in the same way OF currently syncs a context to iCal, watching like a hawk over any discrepancies. It is beyond of what a script can do, and it is vital for managing you most current "today" items, which must be auto-synced all the time.

So guys -- if you need properly managed Sync to Flagged, remember to email your feature request to the ninjas!

Last edited by braver; 2009-02-17 at 09:49 PM..

Agreed. The script is as I said temporary solution (I hope) and it's better then doing it manually. But iCal syncing should really be improved.

I would like the sync flagged items to iCal feature also. Tried installing the apple script but didn't sync all flagged items. Syncing perspectives or even just syncing flagged items to iCal is a needed feature.
Thanks.

hi webalstrom

just curious about your Do Today perspective...
how is organized?

thanks

amelchi

I just flag items I want to get done today during my morning review. Then I organize the perspective in context mode using group by context, sort by project, status filter is available and flag filter is set to flag (I don't use time estimates).