The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle 5 Pro Rescaling OG 4 Pro Drawings Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Having to "guess" at the appropriate scale to use is tedious. As I create a canvas I often add or rearrange objects then hit "Fit to page" again in the canvas inspector while always trying to keep all the objects on one page and while doing this i often iterate to get the aspect ratio just right, i.e. I may move some objects around to fill white space. This was very convenient in Omni Graffle 4.x but now in version 5 I have to manually go to the page setup and try and guess different scales.

Could you please add the fit canvas to current page feature back in, and actually show what it looks like on one sheet?

I know that I can set the page scale OR I can click print to one page in the canvas inspector, but if I use the print to one page I see the page breaks and I don't really get an idea of what the full canvas would like on one page. i.e. how to best rearrange to fill white space and match the aspect ratio of the page I'm trying to fit to.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you want any further clarification.