The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

viewing Due Date and Time... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to know if there is a way to get, not only the Due Date but also the Time to show in the General view of each action. I really need that option on my iPad. Does anyone know how to get the Time Due to show as the Date Due does? I'd rather not have to tap on the Due to see what the Time is.

Did you know there's an OmniFocus for iPad forum?

OmniFocus for iPad shows the due time of actions seen in the Forecast view (or start time, for actions with only a start time). There is currently no option to configure the date/time display, unlike on the Mac.

OK. I see that. So how do I get the Forecast view for Future actions to show Time? Or is that not a possibility? I'd like to eliminate the need to tap an action to get the time. Maybe the administrator can move this thread to the iPad section. Sorry.

How often do you need the due time for something more than a week away but can't afford to tap it? For many users, that's probably just visual clutter, with a tap being an acceptable trade-off to hide it when it isn't helpful.

No way that I know of to configure the behavior of the time/date formatter on the iPad, so you should make your wishes known via the Contact Omni option under the gear menu or emailing omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com. Be prepared for a wait, this doesn't appear to be a popular request judging from forum posts (not entirely reliable, but one would expect to see more posts requesting this).

Actually, I need to see the times that far ahead quite regularly. It's a fast paced environment at our Motor Registration Dept. when scheduling road tests. Would be nice without any extra clicks or taps.

I just got to my Desktop version of OmniFocus and see that there is no Future view as on the iPad. Is that correct?

I went ahead and moved the thread to the OmniFocus for iPad forum, csonni; don't worry about it. Stuff like this happens all the time and it's not a big deal.

We're in the process of adding Forecast view to OmniFocus for Mac, but it's not in there yet. The "Due" item under the Perspective menu is the closest equivalent at the moment. I'll make sure to attach you to the feature request we have open so the team knows you'd like to see that added.

If that list-based format would be useful on the iPad (it does show the time information; see attached screenshot), you can tap the "Enable built-in perspectives" link on this page to show some additional views that are normally hidden in the iPad app.

Once you do that, tap the "Perspectives" item in the sidebar, then tap the star icon next to the "Due" item in the sidebar on the next screen. From now on, the Due view will be visible at the top level of the sidebar. Hope that helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0241.PNG
Views:	593
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	2571  

To get a Future view on the Mac: make yourself a context view sorted by due date (duplicating the Due context is a good way to start), close the groupings for anything starting in the past, and save as a new perspective, ticking the box to restore expansion state. You'll want to make sure to set the status filter to any status, not due soon, or you'll be limited only to those actions and projects coming due in the horizon of your due soon setting.