The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want my money back! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was hanging around in Opera community with Opera for OS X browser since I am also customer (from old times) and surprised (!) to see there are people reporting problems , SAME problems with exact SAME sites named digg.com and youtube.com

I searched Mozilla a bit and found there are issues , near SAME issues on Mozilla (gecko) based browsers too.

So either 3 seperate, entirely seperate browser cores and their authors make same exact mistakes or those sites doesn't deserve to be World's most visited (top 100) sites with that kind of horrible code.

Of course no browser developer is mad to call their code "stupid" openly as they have fanatics ready to bite. Also "customer (end user) is always right". They will sit silently and tweak browsers to workaround that horrible code and the isssues will be solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcabral
Yes, it was hard earned and I don't care how much it was, it was MY money and NONE of your business what I do with it. Got that?

And, I did not flame your poor little forum with my post... I have the right to be unsatisfied with any purchase I make and express myself accordingly.

Enough of this crap!
You are cute.

I come back and try OW every couple of months to see if its worth paying for yet, and frankly I'm amazed that anybody has paid anything over for this so far.

It still has as many, if not more, problems as any free alternatives out there. The general attitude on this board still stinks as well. I'll guess I'll just have to stick to what I've got and try again in a few more months....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjedj
It still has as many, if not more, problems as any free alternatives out there. The general attitude on this board still stinks as well. I'll guess I'll just have to stick to what I've got and try again in a few more months....
Except that the programme doesn't have that many problems, does it? Some of us like it enough to have paid for it already. The 'general attitude on this board' is surely reflected by the first two sentences.

I just tried loading DIGG and compared the loading time to both FF and Safari. While this isn't exactly scientific, maybe OW was a tad slower but certainly not enough to flip out about. ost of the time, OW seems faster to me.

Is it possible that DIGG was cached when it opened "instantly.?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjedj
I come back and try OW every couple of months to see if its worth paying for yet, and frankly I'm amazed that anybody has paid anything over for this so far.

As a stinking member of this forum, I might venture to suggest that you simply stick with what you've got and don't bother trying again.

It's interesting to see the theory of "people are afraid of and will attack what they don't understand" come alive when talking about computer software.

On second thought, I am a Mac user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcabral
[A whole bunch of stupid crap.]
You, sir, are a retard. Run along now.

Good grief, can't we please let this embarrassment of a thread die?

Obviously not...