The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fastmail WebDAV Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could anyone talk me through setting up OF sync via webdav on Fastmail's servers. I have an enhanced account there, and have read the instructions and thought I did everything right, but it won't go through at all. Could someone explain in terms a simpleton like me will understand?

In OmniFocus use address "https://dav.messagingengine.com/youruser.domain.name/private/" without the quotes. If your login name was bob@50mail.com (a fastmail domain) then use bob.50mail.com in place of youruser.domain.name above. Hope this resolves your issue.

Thanks for this, Erich. I figured it our eventually, and it's been working smoothly for the past month or so.

Extremely helpful! My experience was slightly different, however. I could only create a new directory inside the existing "files" directory. Not allowed to touch anything ouside that.

So given the folder name I made ("OFsync"), and my domain (mail-page.com), my final location was:

Code:
https://dav.messagingengine.com/myusername.mail-page.com/files/OFsync/
Anyway, so glad I stumbled across your post. So far it's syncing really smoothly from both Mac and iPod Touch.

Last edited by avandelay; 2011-04-04 at 04:05 PM..

[edit: it resolved itself after I quit and reopened the OF on my Mac. I guess it had done something weird and left the database in an unusable state? Strange. I'll leave this up here for others in case it's relevant though.]

-------------------------
Just ran into a snag on my iPod Touch and the Mac. Getting this:

Code:
The dav.messagingengine.com server returned "request too large" (413) in response to a request to "PUT [addressremoved]/files/OFsync/OmniFocus.ofocus/20110420190405=mZ0zwHgGHmD.client-write-in-progress-kHAYFFYjalw".
It's been working perfectly for a few weeks now, so this is kind of weird. Other Fastmail DAV users seeing any problems or is this just me?

Last edited by avandelay; 2011-04-20 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: problem resolved