The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

remove times in start and due date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just installed the latest version (v63.0.96036) and it is now showing both date and times in my start and due columns. Too much visual clutter for me! Is there a way to go back to just having it show the dates?

yeap. too much information.
(and too large for my macbookpro)

(the very simple & lame approach would be to not wrap the lines for the date columns. we could then just resize them to crop the time if wanted...)

but I also think it's too much to enter. I usually don't care about a due hour, and I want to be able to leave that blank, not having it default to 11:59PM. It could still be 11:59 internally, but not show up if it wasn't manually entered.
even in the Inspector.

Yes. PLEASE make it possible to remove this. Each entry now takes 3 LINES instead of 1. I can't deal with this. I REALLY need the option to NOT show the time, and only show the date.

PLEASE!!!

In my opinion, this is an issue beyond the the display aspect. The fact that there is a time by default bother me, because by the time I open my OF in the morning I get about 25 things that are overdue, and thus it provides very little value as an informative tool.

I guess that if I entered a specific time for each, it would make sense, but that is way too much effort.

I would like for the time to be optional and be disabled by default. Unless I am missing something on how to use it...

Thanks.

I can only emphasize what others have already said. If a specific time is to be viewed at least it should be optional. OmniFocus has instantly gone from good and simple viewing to downright ugly and cluttered. Are there some MS germs migrating over to the new office?

Yeah, I can't the Due Hour. Totally ugly - totally overkill. They have to make it at least configurable.

OMG - make the Due Hour GO AWAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
OMG - make the Due Hour GO AWAY!
ditto.

an option would be great.

Posters - you need to relax and let Omni Build this application. Don't flip out over incremental work in progress.

Omniplan displays start/due dates the same way and has a "granularity" setting to show only the date. So I would expect the final version will have a similar setting.

hmm... did those make it into a build? I'll remove them when I'm near the code again.