The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync error - missing and reverted data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I wanted to see if you're currently aware of any sync issues that result in items that were processed already being reverted to inbox items in their original state. This happens to me occasionally (around once or twice per month). I use OmniFocus on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Sometimes I'll have everything synced (or at least I think I do) then I process my whole inbox (~20-50 items). Some things get deleted, others changed, due dates added, etc.

I think everything's good, but then I'll sync my iPhone or iPad (which still has all the unprocessed inbox items, and maybe one or two extra one added). Then, the next time I sync my Mac I end up back at the same inbox I was before... Items that were deleted during inbox processing are back, and items that were changed and moved to other projects etc are back in the inbox in their original state (and no longer in the project they were assigned to, no changes to name or due date).

I'm not sure if this is an edge case with a corrupt database or some kind of rare bug, but I wanted to make sure you are aware of it and see if you have any tips so I can avoid it in the future.

Last edited by Brian; 2012-07-26 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: re-flow the text for increased readability