The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1.0.3 Update do I have to create a new database?!?!?!?!?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Oops, sorry snarkyFish. I guess I need to take a step back and widen my world perspective these days. Things are changing too fast for me. :)

Anyway, this is certainly more complicated without the safety net of the desktop app. In fact, all I can think of is getting in touch with the Omni Ninjas. Maybe they can look at your database internals and figure out what's going wrong.

If you haven't already, try sending an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkyFish View Post
every time, it 'syncs' for a looong time.. (I checked server logs, it's downloading the zip files) then goes to 'opening document' and shows me... an empty database. (not even the default blank database it starts with.. empty.)
Syncing for a long time sounds like there's something out of the ordinary going on here. If you zip up the server copy of your database and send it to urgent@omnigroup.com, we'll have a look and see what's going on.

done, thanks brian.

It looks like the data is all in there, and there aren't any disconnected transactions or anything. The only odd thing we could see was .client files stretching back several days. With one phone as the only sync client, that's surprising.

Sent a compacted version of the database back to snarkyFish to see if the phone was happier loading a smaller number of files.

Just to get the outcome on the thread here,

This ended up most likely being a bug in my webDAV server. Apparently I could write sync data, but the server was failing at sending it back.

I switched to a goDaddy webDAV account, and all seems well. I got my data back (thanks to brian for consolidating it) and it seems to be syncing fine.

How did you get godaddy to work? I can sync at all with the godaddy set up.