The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Confusion with Due Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Loving OmniFocus so far! However, I have a question about using due dates. I've looked at multiple old threads on the topic and I'm still confused. Here's what I'd like to do. An Example:

- My dogs heart medicine is given to him around the 1st of every month. It's okay if I'm off by a day or two, but I'd like to give it to him as close as I can to the 1st.

- If I don't give it to him on the 1st, I can't give it to him the next month on the first. I need to wait 30 days. So if I don't get around to it until the 5th, the due date for the next month would be the 5th.

So I set up a due date for next month for the 1st. I set up a due soon warning 3 days in advance so I can make sure I have the medicine. And I set it up to recur one month after marked completed.

One, is that the best way to do what I'm shooting for? I tried using start dates, but I then don't get a warning, and I also want the task to show up in "flagged or due soon". That's very important to me.

And two, I can not for the life of me wrap my head around what time of the day I want the default due time to be. I don't really want a particular time. I just want the task to show up as due on the date it's due at midnight (or the turn of the next day). So should I put 12:01 Am? Or 12:00 Am?

Any help is greatly appreciated :) Thanks!