The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to set "Monaco 9" as default font...EVERYWHERE Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to tell Omnioutliner Pro 3 to ALWAYS use Monaco 9 across the board? Really, I don't need any styles for some projects. I find myself doing a lot of fixing, and more fixing, and more fixing, of font attributes on my simple outline documents.

Please...tell me there's a way to disable styles on a document TOTALLY...so every entry ALWAYS comes in as Monaco 9.

Thanks,
Don

If you want your newly created documents to use Monaco 9, do this:

Open Preferences
In the General tab, click Edit New Document Template
In the window that opens, click on the utilities/section drawer button
Click on the Whole Document style
Bring up the fonts menu and select Monaco 9
File->Save

You might also consider swapping the cmd-V keyboard shortcut for Edit->Paste onto Edit->Paste With Current Style which will strip off any other font/size information attached to stuff you paste into the document and use what is in the document instead. You can do this with the Keyboard & Mouse pane in System Preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you want your newly created documents to use Monaco 9, do this:

Open Preferences
In the General tab, click Edit New Document Template
In the window that opens, click on the utilities/section drawer button
Click on the Whole Document style
Bring up the fonts menu and select Monaco 9
File->Save

You might also consider swapping the cmd-V keyboard shortcut for Edit->Paste onto Edit->Paste With Current Style which will strip off any other font/size information attached to stuff you paste into the document and use what is in the document instead. You can do this with the Keyboard & Mouse pane in System Preferences.
Wow, whpalmer, thanks for the info. I looked for the option and didn't find it, but I followed your instructions and it looks like new documents use Monaco 9 by default now.

I also swapped out the Edit->Paste shortcut as recommended. Hopefully this'll eliminate a lot of the unnecessary work. :)

Don

Last edited by donmontalvo; 2009-11-17 at 08:20 AM..

As you have OOP, you can have multiple templates, not just one. Type "template" into the OO help command and read all about it. Very useful if you have checklists, or other pre-formatted documents that you use repeatedly. I use it to keep the checkboxes out of sight on most of my documents without having to fiddle with the inspector each time I start a new one.

Not really anything you couldn't do by duplicating a file in the Finder before launching the app, and I probably wouldn't have updated to OOP just to get this feature, but if you've got it, you might as well use it!