The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail clipping: no attachments in Lion [A: caused by change to Mail.app in 10.7] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am running Lion and have been able to get the clip o tron to work, but the mail attachments are not coming over. I read a post that this had been addressed in 1.9.1 so I downgraded to see if that would work...it didn't.

That said, I can manually attach files in Omnifocus...which would be fine for the time being, BUT attachments in the action items do not get replicated to the iPhone app. This is a feature that is critical to my work as I'm on the road a lot and need to be able to reference documents on my iPhone.

Does anyone know how to fix these problems? I have exchanged emails with support regarding the clip o tron, but not the iphone attachments. PLEASE HELP! I need this functionality back ASAP.

By default, when you drag an attachment into OmniFocus, it creates a link. If you want the file actually in your database (so it can be synced to your iPhone), you need to hold down Option while you drag. (Your mouse cursor will get a green plus badge instead of the curvy arrow.)

I am having the same problems. Attachments were copied over in Snow Leopard. I cannot drag the file from mail and press the option key at the same time.

Same here. No amount of uninstall and reinstall of the Clip-o-Tron will get the attachments to follow the message into OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menza View Post
I am having the same problems. Attachments were copied over in Snow Leopard. I cannot drag the file from mail and press the option key at the same time.
Have you tried grabbing the file normally (click and drag) and only press option (or control for links) just before you release it into OF?

Just to +1 this- I'm having the same trouble. Have tried all the usual solutions.

Sorry for the trouble! Email the support ninjas; we'll be happy to investigate/help.

Same problem here. And dragging email from Lion Mail to OF also more than a little flaky. Seems to be no way to get emails to come over with their attachments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
By default, when you drag an attachment into OmniFocus, it creates a link. If you want the file actually in your database (so it can be synced to your iPhone), you need to hold down Option while you drag. (Your mouse cursor will get a green plus badge instead of the curvy arrow.)
"Send to Inbox" sends over the e-mail message body but not the attachments. I see this deficiency was noted 2-3 weeks ago, but I wonder if there's a solution yet. Clearly, the ability to move the combined email body plus attachments to OF, with one command, that was a feature of OSX 10.6 was extremely useful and it would be great to recover this function in 10.7.

I agree, I truly miss the ability to clip both an email and its attachment into Omnifocus. Losing the ability to do this has really hampered my workflow. I am hoping for a solution soon.