The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I get this view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to figure out how to create a customized view and I'm not sure it's possible.

I created a packing list in my projects list, "Packing List - 4 Nights". Self descriptive.

I'm adding my stuff in categories. Clothes/Toiletries/Nutritional Stuff/Tech Stuff. To do that, I just created items with those names and then indentured their items underneath that item to basically create groups of items.

Then, I gave each item a context, the context being where I need to pack the item. Does it go in my toiletry kit, my suitcase, my 3/1/1 liquids bag, my laptop backpack?

So far, all is well.

When I look at my project, I see everything laid out by group. But what I'd like to do is be able to see everything FOR THAT RESPECTIVE PROJECT sorted by context so I can see, for example, all the items in the 3/1/1 context.

Now, I can see everything in that context for ALL projects by simply going to the contexts view. But I'll be adding new projects/packing lists for trips of different durations, and I don't want to see items from those projects mixed together. I want to see a context sort for one specific project.

Is that possible? I figured it had to be but I'm just not seeing how to do it. Thanks.

Focus on the project, then switch to the context view. Don't use the Contexts button provided by default in the toolbar, which actually opens a perspective called Contexts and will clear your focus.

Focus on projects and folders is a great feature if you want to look at just a subset of your work, but still have all of the tools at your disposal.

Beautiful, thanks!