The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Address Book integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but I didn't see it.

Is there any functionality built-in to associate a contact in Address Book with an action or "to-do"? I have a @delegated context and would be nice to tie-in a contact from Address Book. Or even associate contacts with @calls, etc.

If not, how about this as a future enhancement? Although I find OmniFocus all-around much better to use than iGTD, this functionality was a great feature in iGTD that I used frequently.

Keep up the great work here!

you can drag a contact from address book onto the note of the task or project and iit creates a link

Yeah, type ahead integration into the Addressbook would be KILLER!

Email Bob An... (and it starts pulling names from my addressbook). That and when I am on an address in Address book, I can click to pull up OmniFocus with all things assigned.

DO IT! :)

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
you can drag a contact from address book onto the note of the task or project and iit creates a link
Yeah, i got that part. Specifically what I was referring to was adding functionality similar to what is in iGTD. When you click on an action, you can see a notes field but (in iGTD) there is also a contact field. You can tab to that field and as you type, it auto-completes an entry from your address book.

BTW, another cool add-on would be the ability to tag actions. This would be excellent to leverage the power of Perspectives. Call it "Smart Perspectives".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Yeah, type ahead integration into the Addressbook would be KILLER!

Email Bob An... (and it starts pulling names from my addressbook). That and when I am on an address in Address book, I can click to pull up OmniFocus with all things assigned.

DO IT! :)

BZ
I agree. Type ahead integration with the Addressbook would be a huge timesaver!

I know we have an open feature request on this in our development database - interested parties will want to send email to the support ninjas and let them know they'd like to see this added.

(We track customer requests via email because we've got a trouble-ticket system that makes it easy to ensure that everything gets answered, and because we have dedicated staff to answer them. We browse the forums as much as we're collectively able, but as happened here, threads do sometimes fall through the cracks.)