The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus -> PagePacker Script [Python] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Nice script, Erik. I've been thinking about trying to do something like that using AppleScript, but this does the job nicely.

hi.. this script seems to be exactly what i was looking for - a simple way to carry all the contexts with me. ..but i run into a following problem: i'm using seventeen contexts at the moment but the result of this script in PagePacker always shows only eight.. the rest are left as text files in the script folder..
is there any way around this or is it me making a mistake somewhere..?

Erik,

Love PagePacker, and this is an OUTSTANDING implementation of its integration into OF. There was a mention of a upcoming version that would be Leopard compatible. Current version doesn't work properly. Any progress on this?

Thanks for such a great script

K.

Hi kfisher,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfisher109 View Post
Erik,
Love PagePacker, and this is an OUTSTANDING implementation of its integration into OF. There was a mention of a upcoming version that would be Leopard compatible. Current version doesn't work properly. Any progress on this?
Thanks for such a great script
Thanks for the kind feedback. Unfortuantely, I think you're confusing me (the author of the Python script that integrates PagePacker with OF) with the author of PagePacker itself. I don't have Leopard, so I don't know how PagePacker works with it, but in theory as long as PagePacker itself works, the Python script should work as well, and let you automatically print your context lists.

What problems are there with Leopard? Does PagePacker itself work with it, without the OF integration? If not, then I can't help you, I'm afraid -- you'll have to contact the author of PagePacker. But if PagePacker itself works, but the Python script that integrates it with OF doesn't, then if you can post an error message (including a "traceback"), I may be able to figure out what's wrong.

- Erik.

How do I launch this in the terminal? In the script, are the instructions telling me to hit "return" after the first line:
Now, open the Terminal, and type:
cd ~/Desktop/OmniFocus-to-PagePacker
python contexts_to_pagePacker.py

If I do, I get,
-bash: cd: /Users/paul/Desktop/OmniFocus-to-PagePacker: No such file or directory

The file is in the same place as the author put it in that example. Or, do I input both lines, then hit return? I've tried every combination I can think of...

Thanks!

is there a way to do the same thing with page packer, but have it produce a booklet of a perspective

Like of the errands you want to do that day