The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Misunderstanding Manual version 6 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Page 130 Paragraph 5.
In the Stroke inspector, change the thickness of the stroke to
2 pt.

HOW DO YOU DO THIS - IT IS IN INCHES AND THE KEYBOARD ARROWS DON'T WORK

PAGE 66
Enter a number in the Thickness field or use the keyboard arrows to
choose how thick the stroke should be.

ENTRIES ARE EITHER CM OR INCHES, YOU CAN'T DO POINTS LIKE YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO DO

What am I missing?

You should be able to click into the stroke text field and type "2 pt": OmniGraffle will automatically convert from whatever units you enter to the standard units used by your canvas. (While your mouse pointer is still in that text field, you should be able to use the Up or Down arrow to change the stroke's thickness.)

If you wish to change your canvas units to something else, you can go to the Canvas Inspector, scroll down to Units (fourth section from the top), and change Units from inches to points. (Most of the new built-in templates in the Software Design folder use points or pixels by default, rather than using inches or centimeters.)

Thanks, that worked, except the mouse pointer in the text field only allows you to change to 2 different choices.

On version 5, I could change to 0.1 points. The limit on version 6 seems to be 0.25 points. Am I doing something wrong?