The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View "Total Hours" in units of "hours" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I've created my first real project plan that has included resources and associated costs with those resources.

The main resource I've involved is only available 4 hours per day, and I've adjust their work schedule to reflect that.

I've assigned them tasks, leveled the project, and have a reasonable expectation of the timeline.

However, in considering the option to farm the work out to a development consultancy rather than bring on a single contractor, I was hoping to see this resource's "total hours".

Within the resource view of the inspector, total hours contains "8w 1d 0.7". That is fine, but I don't if it's calculating based on 40 hour weeks or what. The only way I figured that it must be calculating by 40 hour weeks is by dividing the calculated cost for this resource by his hourly rate.

However, it is doubly confusing because this resource's work week is only ~ 20 hours / week.

So, I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to configure this to display in actual "hours" rather than " X weeks, Y days, Z hours".

If not, and Omni is taking notice, please file as an RFE.

Thanks!

--phil

This is where the Effort Conversion Factors and the choice of allowable units for displaying time come into play. If you go to the Project:Formatting inspector, you can uncheck the boxes for units larger than an hour, and everything will be shown in terms of hours (and minutes/seconds if you have those boxes checked).

D'oh. Thanks for the pointer.

My bad, I can't believe I didn't even look for that.

Please ignore my impatience and stupidity!

Yeah, geez, there are only 15 sections of the inspector to look at, and 4 sections in the preferences, what a slacker :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Yeah, geez, there are only 15 sections of the inspector to look at, and 4 sections in the preferences, what a slacker :-)
:-)