The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives, Grouping, and Sorting on the iPhone app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all! New Omni user here!

I recently downloaded the iPhone app and am currently about halfway through the desktop trial period, and am currently evaluating whether or not OmniFocus will be my task management system.

Before I email the support ninjas with my questions and suggestions, I want to make sure I'm not just missing something!

1. I don't seem to have any Perspectives on the iPhone app. My Home screen shows Inbox, Forecast, Projects, Contexts, Flagged, Map, and Search. On my Mac, I have a perspective called "Due", but this doesn't show on my iPhone. Also, the Help section on the iPhone app mentions "If you're syncing with OmniFocus for Mac, tap perspectives to see your commonly used view states". I don't' seem to have this option. What am I missing?

2. When viewing actions, either by Project or by Context, is there any way to sort the actions? Again, maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like a pretty basic feature would be to sort Actions by Due, Start, Completed, etc. The lack of this option wouldn't be a deal breaker if I could create a Perspective with a specific grouping and sorting scheme on my Mac and have it show up on my iPhone, but that doesn't seem to be an option either (see point 1 above).

That said, it's obvious that OmniFocus is a very powerful application. I'm moving over from AwesomeNote, which, while it served its purpose very well given what i used it for (grocery lists, simple todo lists for work), I recently was given significantly more responsibility at work, including managing multiple projects, and need something more robust.

Thanks in advance for your input--I'm sure I'll have many more questions. :)

Last edited by SFF; 2011-09-04 at 11:29 AM..

The support ninjas got me straightened out. Consider this resolved.

Glad we could get this sorted out for you! The support ninjas are generally going to get you the fastest response, at least during business hours Pacific time, but folks here on the forums are also great. :-)

I also have same questions. Did they tell you how to do them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinx View Post
I also have same questions. Did they tell you how to do them?
Yes--the main problem was that the perspectives I created in Omnifocus for Mac weren't syncing to my iPhone. The support ninjas recommended I click this link in Mobile Safari on the iPhone:
http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...spectives.html

Once I did that, everything worked as expected, and all of my custom Perspectives (with the actions grouped and sorted how I want) show up on my iPhone. Hope that helps.