The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Getting started... tips needed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

First up, I'd like to thank the good folks at Omni Group for making such a huge catalogue of code available.

I've got an iOS project (Build built as an internal proof of concept) and I'd like to integrate the omni TextEditor, so as is my way I just jumped right in and had a play with the TextEditor example.

First up, it wouldn't build (I didn't read the configuring Xcode 4 text on the git hub page) at first but I got it to build by running the central "Build" script, and then in Xcode editing an erroring build script so it couldfind FixStringsFile.

I got the demo working, but there's at least one error I've noticed (The formatting popover is populated only once per session, subsequent activations and it's blank). I've also seen several transient build errors, for example when I built for a device it failed with many errors, a second attempt had one error, a third and it worked perfectly.

So I guess I'm looking for a few brief pointers on what's the best way for me to move forward, as I'm not sure if the errors I'm seeing are due to the way I got it working (without making the recommended adjustments) or if they're normal. And is the UI glitch I've noticed a problem with the example app, my setup or the frameworks?

I'm guessing the 'recommended' route is to link the dependent libraries into any project requiring them. This way if O.G. update the library they're 'easy' to update in my apps. Am I right with this?

Is it also possible to simply copy and paste swathes of class files etc and include them in a project?

I'm assuming my next steps will be to configure my proof of concept by adding in the libraries etc, taking pointers from the example where necessary and being prepared to step through the code to see what's what... but any additional pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gwen

Welcome to the forums, Gwen! I'm not an engineer, so I'm not really qualified to answer your question, but I wanted to make sure you got a response. :-)

We all browse the forums as we're able on top of our other duties, but it can be a little scattershot. I'll mention this to some of the folks on the engineering team when I next see them at the coffee machine, though.

I wouldn't hesitate to cross-post this on GitHub if you haven't already done so, though - I think a couple of the devs have email notifications set up when there are new questions there...