The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Auto Display of PDF documents? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
According to the release notes for OW 5.6, PDF documents should display by default in the browser. I'm not getting this behavior as PDF files still download to the desktop. Is there a preference setting somewhere to turn this on/off?

You need to download and install Adobe reader , it will install the pdf browser reader .
That's the way it works for me ..........

OmniWeb should display PDFs without installing Adobe Reader. It might be that PDF support is disabled for you. You can try setting aside your preferences (found in ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb.plist) or run this command in a terminal window (while OmniWeb is not running):

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool false

Running the above command in Terminal worked-thanks! I really did not want to install the Reader package if possible. Thanks to all for the replies.

I prefer for my PDF's to just download rather than open when I click on them in OW. How do I turn off the auto view feature?

Thanks in advance.

same defaults command as troyb posted, except replace 'false' with 'true'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
same defaults command as troyb posted, except replace 'false' with 'true'
Thanks - I thought so, but didn't want to jump in and mess something up. As always - you all are great :)

I copied the original defaults command, and replaced 'false' with 'true'; Didn't work for me. Any suggestions?

Was OW quit at the time you ran it?

Yes, it was not running at the time that I ran the command.