The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iCal export - 24hrs working period?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just downloaded the latest version as a trial and exported my first project to iCal...which looked like this was going to save the day...
...and then I checked iCal's day breakdown, only to find that the events relating to 1 day periods were showing as exactly that - 24 hours from 00:00, instead of taking notice of when the working day starts and finishes.

Whose bug is it? If it's Omni's I'm going to have to go with Merlin2, since that prog now has iCal sync: v important if you're trying to schedule resources for more than one project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryred View Post
Just downloaded the latest version as a trial and exported my first project to iCal...which looked like this was going to save the day...
...and then I checked iCal's day breakdown, only to find that the events relating to 1 day periods were showing as exactly that - 24 hours from 00:00, instead of taking notice of when the working day starts and finishes.

Whose bug is it? If it's Omni's I'm going to have to go with Merlin2, since that prog now has iCal sync: v important if you're trying to schedule resources for more than one project.
Did you download the latest final version (1.1.2) or latest beta version (1.5)? In the 1.5 betas we added the ability to export to iCal as one event per task, or one event per work period. It sounds like the second option is what you're looking for so I'd recommend giving our beta a try. You can download it from our website here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniplan/beta/

Yep, I was using v1.1.2. So I downloaded 1.5.5 (v140) beta and yay! it works exactly how I need it to!! Excellent product.

Now if only it had multiple project support, cross project resource allocation view, etc..:)

Thanks for your help.