The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's do fixed/unfixed review dates mean? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the preferences there's an option for default review dates and whether they're "fixed" or "unfixed." What's the difference?

Also those settings are marked as the default review interval, but there's no option in the inspector to change from fixed to unfixed for a given project. I suspect the un/fixed setting is global, in which case it should probably be reorganized in the preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik View Post
In the preferences there's an option for default review dates and whether they're "fixed" or "unfixed." What's the difference?

Also those settings are marked as the default review interval, but there's no option in the inspector to change from fixed to unfixed for a given project. I suspect the un/fixed setting is global, in which case it should probably be reorganized in the preferences.
My guess is that fixed is the same as "from assigned date" in repeating actions: that is, if I say a review should be done every week, the next review date is Friday 9/21, and I don't do the review until Sunday 9/23, "Mark Reviewed" will set the next review to Friday 9/28, not Sunday 9/30. I put in a feature request for that a week or two ago.

However, on testing, that doesn't seem to be the case--at least not with old projects. Anyone else have an idea?

My guess is that you're right Brian, but that the UI is ahead of the implementation on this one. So, will have to wait and see.

Curt