The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Latest Web Inspector please Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any chance you can have an update with the newest web inspector from the webkit nightlies hooked in?

I mean this one: http://webkit.org/blog/197/web-inspector-redesign/

It's far superior to the one in OW and Safari 3.1.2

It would help if the WebKit nightlies were stable, but they aren't. Until they are, there is not much chance OmniGroup will use them (or should even bother trying to use them - doing that bit them in the arse for 5.5).

Fwiw, even Apple aren't using them yet as Safari 3.2 (which was released yesterday) still uses the older web inspector.

I think the new inspector itself is still in beta and crash (the app) in some versions (at least the last time I tried).

But I like it a lot for the javascript debugger and the possibility to view XHRs.

I can't wait to have it in a stable browser !

I run the nightly builds. I believe it crashes less than Omniweb, plus it's faster, better rendering support, and way better dev tools.

Too bad Webkit can't be switched into Omniweb as easy as Safari.