The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: mail to inbox when BCC yourself Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using Mail feature a lot. And I think you can simplify the process. Now I have to put myself in a copy and put "--" sign in the subject line for the mail to get into Omni inbox (+omnifocus feature is not supported by my mail). It's too complex.

I suggest to process any emails that have self email address in the BCC field.

Could you please add such an option?

Regards.

Hi,

You can do this easily by creating a rule in mail or outlook that triggers a script then sends the email to your Omni inbox with a link back to the email.

As I use Outlook with exchange I have set up a new email address (omni@blahblah.com) and when an email ARRIVES from that email address it triggers the script to run and copy to omni.

I also have a separate script and email address when I waiting for an answer from somebody on something (waiting@) that triggers a script that puts the email into a task with a waiting context

HTH
NIck